THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Help on classifying DR action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on classifying DR action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just purchased an 1968 Ferlach Brovnick DR in 30-06 caliber, I forgot the name of the action that it has but it has two top bites? I'll show the eye candy after additional work is done on the DR.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kersten

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
Kersten

That's it! In my mind I was coming up with Carsten, thanks.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Borovnik made some really nice double rifles. I have a Borovnik BBF thats cute as can be.

A friend of mine has a a Borovnik double rifle thats a Holland style sidelock two barrel set .375 x.375 and a 30-06x30-06. That gun is right up there with most best quality brit doubles I've seen. I see no reason why the O/U would'nt be built that well I can't wait to see the photo's.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Akshooter:
I see no reason why the O/U would'nt be built that well I can't wait to see the photo's.

This rifle is not an O/U it's a side by side with the Kersten action and chopper lump barrels way cool and shoots the 200 and 220 grain bullets the best, 1.5 inch MOA groups. Which is the perfect mate for my Heym in 500 N.E. Getting stock and triggers bent for LH shooter should be done in next 2-3 weeks.

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by dirklawyer
quote:
This rifle is not an O/U it's a side by side with the Kersten action

Woops -Sorry you know what they say about people who ASSUME. The double kerstens are just so common on the O/U's.

That kind of accuracy it must be scoped don't forget photo's I love my Ferlachers.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote