Find
Notify
Tools

My New Heym [ pics added]
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both Cool

This will probably be my only DR for a while. Now I'll blow most of my money on safaris. Big Grin

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
Dave

I chose to scope this double, mostly for the future. I'm only 32 so for right now I probably won't use the scope much, but as I get older I might find myself needing it more Wink

You made an excellent decision.

I think you will discover that a scoped 450/400 Heym is one of the best hunting rifles on the Planet.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirklawyer:
Great combo, scope-double, caliber not bad for your first double. If it's not going to be your only double you'll be going up or down in calibers or both. Congrats!

With a rifle like that, wouldn't it be possible to simply order a new set of barrels in a different caliber?

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that I would have to send the rifle back to Heym so they could fit another set of barrles.

I don't think a new "generic" set of barrels would fit properly.

Some of our more experienced members should be able to give more specifics. Smiler

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Well, didn't the little green eyed monster of jealousy just show up at my house?

Well done! And that is exactly the kind of Double I'd like to own one day.

So, where's the range report?

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote