Find
Notify
Tools

Rizzini Rhino
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Double Rifle
posted
Anyone has experience with these rifles? What are your impressions regarding quality and mechanical reliability? Also do you know what loads are they regulated with?

Thank you.

Posts: 47 | Location: Florida | Registered: 27 June 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I have handled one in .470. Unfortunately I did not get to shoot it and see how well it is regulated. Not sure what ammunition it is regulated with.

My impressions: wood is very nice, I like the red recoil pad and it is a proper pad not something rock hard, action locked up tight, articulated front trigger, deep V rear sight, color case hardening looked very nice as well. The rifles are regulated in the traditional manner as I understand. Weight was proper for the caliber. Monoblock barrels not surprisingly. I was not a fan of the fiber optic front sight but that would presumably be easy enough to fix. At the price point for the rifle you really just have Merkel and maybe the Chapuis as competitors. The fit and feel to me are superior to the Merkel. Insofar as the Chapuis is concerned, you can get the Rizzini in .500 and you cannot get the Chapuis in something larger than a .470.

Mike

Posts: 21390 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote