Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First double rifle
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That guy looks like an accountant or insurance salesman who's out of his element. Good thing the professional hunter was there.

Posts: 15 | Location: AK | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
That guy is a very good hunter, shooter, and is a gentleman. It would be a pleasure hunt with Mike.

Thanks for posting I enjoyed that video. (Edited 7-5 I was thanking ScotchBonnet for posting the video with this comment "I waas just thinking the same thing, he has this damn thing all over the internet so here it is." He has since removed it??)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought he accounted himself very well. He got off 2 quick shoots under pressure, seemingly on the mark. That's all any PH would ask of his hunter.

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
That guy looks like an accountant or insurance salesman who's out of his element. Good thing the professional hunter was there.

jumping

Proteus, "THAT GUY" as you refer to Mike Jines, is a man that can shoot, under pressure, on target with both barrels and re-load a 500NE double rifle, and put two more on target faster than anyone I've ever seen shoot, and brother I’ve seen the best.

I’ve not hunted with him in Africa, but have in the states and shot with him down at 4K ranch, and the DRSS/Bubba’s Hoot & Shoot. There I did four shots in 4 seconds flat, all on target scoring 36 out of a possible 40 points, while forgetting the auto safety on a much lower recoil 9.3X74R double but with ejectors, and he beat me handily, all his shots on target for the four shots with an extractor double rifle chambered for 500NE. That my friend is gun handling! Mike is not a large man but can handle a 500NE double rifle better than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Never judge a book by the cover you'll be wrong about 2/3rds of the time! Mike is an attorney in the oil business, and has taken a full dozen elephant, and a boatload of other game much of it the dangerous variety! Top that off he’s a gentlemen of the first cut!

He is a member in good standing at DRSS and a good guy to boot. You'd be lucky to hunt with him I assure you!

.................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote