Find
Notify
Tools

470NE in the Houston area
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Does anyone in this part of the woods have a Merkel or Chapuis in 470 NE? A friend of mine is looking for a 470 and I told him I'd ask around.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Rusty, does he want one to check out feel and function, or to buy? I have a .470 Chapuis.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
good people......... http://www.eurogunimports.com/Inventory.htm

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100110956

Do not know this guy, ran across this on Guns Int.

He has a 361 area code.

$7995.00 for an ejector Merkel NIB is pretty good.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I know his ad says NIB, but an exam of his pics shows a DR that has obvious wear on both wood and metal. Rather a substantial amount of wear IMO. Am I missing something? Did it go through a flood or something? What do others think?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James Wayne is a big gun dealer in Victoria, TX as I recall. He sells a ton of Brownings. I bought a Browning Safari 458 from him. We have several posters from the area that could check it out.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it has something to do with his camera/lens. I went onto his website and checked some other Merkel DRs and they all seem to have finish issues to me.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike, All,
He's looking now. He just wanted to see, feel maybe shoot one to make sure. As we all did when we were looking for our first double, he wants to make an informed decision.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
I also saw this ad on Guns International and $7995 is a very good price.Has anyone seen these in person? When I looked at the photo's, I also thought they looked worn. Does this seller have a good reputation that anyone knows off ? Any information anyone might have would be appreciated.

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote