New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luxus Searcy 450 nitro
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is my first post, long time reader of many threads, just had to thank the Luxus guys (especially Clay) and Mr. Searcy for making a fine rifle to take to Tanzania this July. The workmanship is great and look forward to giving a range report.

Posts: 296 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a rule on this forum that you cannot praise a double without posting pictures. Allowance will be made for the fact that you are new, but you have now been informed! So, PICTURES!
Congratulations, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assume you got the wood from Luxus, they have some very nice stuff.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they supplied the wood, but also added some features as a scalloped frameand other minor details. I will try to post some pics shortly.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Congratulations!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:

Congratulations!

Charles, I love the photo.

Ozarks,

Congrats and good luck on your hunt! Can't wait for photos.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
+2 Charlie!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark February 7, 2009 on your calendars one and all. This day Rusty and I agreed on something.

Remarkable, even astonishing.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have little computer expertise, but will try to get some photos up shortly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have a searcy 450 NE and have put over 200 rounds through it. I just sent it back to Butch to have him look it over before my elephant and buffalo hunt in Namibia on the Caprivi with Vaughn Fulton. This is a service Butch recommends and is welcome by me. My searcy shoots very accurately. Off hand at 25 yards will group all shots in a group about the size of the black bulls eye. You will get a lot of pleasureable hours having fun shooting that rifle. I have found the 450 is very manageable as it just rocks you back upon firing. Can shoot reduced loads all day. Have fun and enjoy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by driftwood:
My searcy shoots very accurately. Off hand at 25 yards will group all shots in a group about the size of the black bulls eye.

Driftwood!

You need to be careful when you post!

Some of the targets I use have 8" black bulls! Eeker clapBig Grin

(But then some have 2" black bulls.) Wink

Good luck on your hunt! thumb

JPK

Free 500grains