THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Scope on a Chapuis double rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope on a Chapuis double rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some have asked about the scope, and regulation on my 9,3x74R double.

The rifle came from Chapuis regulated with iron sights.

I added the Chapuis pivot mount. I now have 2 scopes in rings, a Leupold 2.5-8, and a Swarovski 1.5-6x42.

I use the same loads with the iron sights and the scope. I have not had any regulation problems. I have killed game with the scope to a little over 300 yards.

My Chapuis is the plain UGEX version, no cheek piece. The stock works fine with the scope.
I have to cheek it fairly hard to use the iron sights.

It is one of my most favorite hunting rifles.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post a couple cheersof photos

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe
I will get someone on the DRSS hunt to take and post some pictures.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
The pictures will be quite welcome. I want to see everyone's ideas that have worked out. I have a multireticle dot sight and various short tube scopes that are candidates for my rifle. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone order it w. the scope mount, and then try to use the iron sights? I'd think the stock would fit one, or the other. It seems better to have it fit the iron sights, and then put a pad on for the scope.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote