THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Baikal MP-94 O/U 22mag/410... Pretty Cool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baikal MP-94 O/U 22mag/410... Pretty Cool
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Guys:

Just some info on another Baikal that may or may not have been discussed in the past.

I just got in a Baikal MP-94 O/U 22M/410 rifle. The stock and forearm just keep getting better and better. It has a nice, SMOOTH oil finish on both with some nice grain and recoil pad. The bluing and machining on the receiver are pretty darn good. Even the bluing on the barrels is very good.

I put it together and the one of the drawbacks is it is a bit stiff to open the barrels to re-cock. It has a lever on the bottom of the trigger guard much like the lever on a Thompson Contender that you squeeze to break open the action. It has a pop up pin bullet load indicator above the barrel selector switch on the tang, that is pretty cool. The selector has a button in the middle that you depress and push up for rifle or down for shotgun. You re-cock the firing pin after your selected shot by just squeezing the lever, not breaking it open.

This little rifle also comes with four screw in different chokes for the 410 GA. shotgun barrel. It has the scope grooves 11mm on the receiver to mount a scope. But another drawback is that the rear sight is not adjustable. It looks like You can remove it completely by just tapping it out of the groove in its housing. You need to do this to mount a scope.

The trigger pull is not bad, not great, but better than the double barrel S/S Baikals.

I don't know, this just may make its way into my personal stash, but that decision still remains to be seen.

On another note. Food for thought. With The Russians playing their war games and all the unrest. Their are all ready rumors floating around that there may be US sanctions against Russia. If that happens our AK-47 and all Russian imports of firearms may disappear over night.

That would not be good news for a lot of different companies.

Regards

PAH

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep it looks like dear leader signed an executive order that could result in no more coming into the country. It looks like the Executive Order will affect the importation of the Baikal guns.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/...ssian-arms-industry/

D R S S member as of 4/30/2014.

Posts: 56 | Location: Spring Hill, TN USA | Registered: 04 December 2013Reply With Quote