New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 NE loads with NF
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody have load data for the 450 NE 3.25 they want to share? I am looking at loading the 450gr FP solids from NF as well as Woodleigh 480's....both soft and solids. I have "Any shot you want" and Graeme's book...but I know somebody has loaded Mike's solids for this gun.
Also....no filler needed....correct?

Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless someone has parceled some of them out, I can pretty much guarantee that no one has. I grill all my customers and no one has stated they were loading that cartridge.

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Mike....I'll be the first. And since I have a nice little Oehler chrono to run 'em thru, I'll give you some feedback. I'll be in touch in the next couple of days for some bullets. Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
africanhuntinginfo.com has beginning loadings for the 450 NE. The smallest bullet though is 465 grains. You should still be able to see beginning loads for different powders in 480 grains and go up from there. In the larger bullet I know 4831 and reloader 15 are the preferred powders. I will be looking at your progress since I also will be reloading for the 450 NE.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Drift....I will be more than happy to PM you once I begin my loading.

Thanks for the response.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
why don't you just follow the proof house tested loads in graeme wrights book, or am i missing something ?

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T577....that's exactly what I will be doing, however since this is a "modern" firearm, I was curious as to any experimenting (credible, of course) that folks have done. I have A LOT of RL15 and 4831sc....and I'm also not sure of the difference in charge weights between 4831 and 4831sc.

Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer