New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standing Portable rests
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any photos or designs? Looking to make one that breaks down to fit in my vehicle so I can take it to the range and sit it on one of the benches.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scrounge a 24" long two by eight. Cut it in half.
Center one and draw a line from end to end. Screw the one thru the line about 2" from each end. It will look like an upside down "T" from the end. Staple a piece of 3/4" carpet pad over the upside down part and then a piece of thin leather on top of that. I put one of those brass handles on the front and carry it around that way.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the VRS rest by Lone Star products and have shot 500 NE as well as 375H&H and other big bore rifles on it.

You can use it sitting down, standing up, or on the bench. Has several models and types to choose from and is a top notch piece of equipmant with a very durable included ballistic material carrying case.

Very good from a tri-pod totally adjustable base and is very confortable from standing or sitting position. Great for precise sighting in or a very accurate shooting rest.

Check their website at www.lonestarfieldproducts.com

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Scrounge a 24" long two by eight. Cut it in half.
Center one and draw a line from end to end. Screw the one thru the line about 2" from each end. It will look like an upside down "T" from the end. Staple a piece of 3/4" carpet pad over the upside down part and then a piece of thin leather on top of that. I put one of those brass handles on the front and carry it around that way.

Rich
DRSS

Rich,
Please post some pictures of your rest.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Rich,

How about some photos, please???

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote