THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone Have Hornady's 8th Ed. Manual?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have Hornady's 8th Ed. Manual?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
If you would be so kind, for the .500 Nitro what min and max charge does it recommend for H4350 and what are the expected velocities associated with each? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
90.1 = 1,900
102.3 = 2100

570 grain bullets

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Can't find one at Carter's

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Same deal at the Carters up North. They have stacks of the 7th Edition but none of the 8th Edition. As cheap as they are I suspect they will not stock the 8th Edition until they sell every last copy of the 7th Edition.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mike, Rusty Midwat has them. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway had them in stock for over 2 weeks. They are not hard to find online.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
MJines

Today I called Hornady and they faxed me the load pages from the new manual for 450, 470 and 500 NE loads.

Just another option.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote