THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Double rifle by Belgian F. DEFOURNEY?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double rifle by Belgian F. DEFOURNEY?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys
Just wondered if any of you have any knowledge of this maker? I have found a reference to A. DEFOURNEY, of Liege, between the wars.

There is a double boxlock made by him for sale here in England, in calibre 7mm x 65R, which is fine for me. Price is £5250, or $8500 or so. Condition is 'new'.
Any ideas?

Posts: 83 | Location: Olde England | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A. DEFOURNEY, of Liege

Perhaps this might help:
http://www.littlegun.be/arme%2...%20defourny%20gb.htm

Or this:
http://www.gournetusa.com/foru...pic.asp?TOPIC_ID=280

I have seen some A Defourney shotguns, but not recently. I recall having a favorable impression, but again, do not recall specifics.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you for that - that is where I found the only mention so far. I wonder if F. DEFOURNEY was a son or grandson of the original firm?

Posts: 83 | Location: Olde England | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You would have to think so, eh? I wouldn't think there would be too many families with the name, but maybe?

An AR member from Belgium might be able to answer the question regarding whether Defourney is a common family name.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote