THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Ernest's long bar round body 450 31/4" build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ernest's long bar round body 450 31/4" build
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ernest asked me to post this for him. A little more shaping and polish left and of course color cased action. The blank is very dense and looks pretty good to. This is the first long bar rifle I've built and I'm proud that it is going to my friend Ernest Gilbert.
Merry Christmas all
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The makings of a modern-day classic!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice Butch. I am sure the finished rifle will be a beauty. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Butch, please check your PMs.

Todd

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well you could hardly ask for better grain flow through the wrist and a beautiful piece of wood. And the Judge will be the only kid on the block with one of these. Congrats to the maker and the owner!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch that Looks very nice. I am looking foward to seeing pictuers of the compleated rifle. Merrey Christmas
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quality throughout, no doubt! Anxious to see the finished results as well!
Merry Christmas Butch.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Geez Butch… It's too bad you couldn't find a nicer hunk of wood...

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post

As I said the first time I met my wife, "That'll work!"

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7710 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like the makings of a fine rifle in a superb caliber with exquisite wood! Merry Christmas indeed!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Yeah - I was being somewhat of a smarta$$. That's a heck of a piece of wood!!!

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Hey Judge,
After you kill a few tuskers with this one you will probably get tired of it.
Be sure to put me on the list to take it off your hands. Big Grin

I still am shooting and loving the last one.

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the Judge gets all the neat Christmas presents...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
He must have been a very good boy for Santa to like him so much.

Now you on the other hand..... wave

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote