Find
Notify
Tools

Zoli SxS Double Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I was recently at the Antonio Zoli factory in Italy and saw that they make side by side double rifles in calibers ranging from 7x65R to 9.3x74R. The prices was comparable to the Chapuis and the fit and finish was as good if not a little better. Anybody have experience with the Zoli side by side double rifles?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3840 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how much were they ?

why didn't you bring one back with you ?

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
I was recently at the Antonio Zoli factory in Italy and saw that they make side by side double rifles in calibers ranging from 7x65R to 9.3x74R. The prices was comparable to the Chapuis and the fit and finish was as good if not a little better. Anybody have experience with the Zoli side by side double rifles?

Jeff T - As you probably know, there are two "Zolis" which sell rifles into NA.

One is Antonio Zoli...they are generally quite good rifles (and shotguns).

The others are marked just "A. Zoli", and those A. Zolis I have seen (whether shotguns or rifles) are generally very poor materials and mediocre workmanship.

I do not know who actually makes the "A. Zoli" rip-off of Antonio Zoli's good name, but in my view a guy wants to be careful which one he may be getting.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the ' A. Zoli' you refer not Angelo Zoli?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
They tend to be associated family members that inherit and split the business in the past arising to two similar named makers.

The same applies to the 3 Rizzini names. One is ultra top end while the other is entry/basic level.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote