New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Prior to the change of ownership their CP solids were suppose to be safe to shoot in the older english doubles. Is this still the case with current mfg.?

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thunder,
pm this guy and ask him. Big Grin
North Fork

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
or NFMike

But to the best of my knowledge...they are exactly the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
thunder stick,

Since it is an older English double I would have the bore slugged to confirm the dimensions. Call or email North Fork to confirm but I have no problems shooting NF solids in any double.

BTW there may be a thread shortly on this forum discussing double rifles, monolithic solids, "old" style solids, and strain gauges.

Should be interesting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thunder Stick,

The Cup Point Solids are safe to shoot in doubles, in fact, all our our solids are safe to shoot in doubles, even old ones. Like Mike70560 stated, it is always smart to have your barrels slugged especially if it is an old double. We can build our solids to your specific rifle/barrel if need be.

Regards,
North Fork

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote