THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Best loads for the 9,3 Chapuis ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best loads for the 9,3 Chapuis ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Being pressed for time this summer and planning an upcoming moose hunt I havent been able to get to the range yet with my Chapuis 9,3x74R. I did do a search looking for loads and found a couple to start with but seeing many of you have the same rifle I am not ashamed to ask you for advice to save me some time.
I will be shooting the 286 gr Woodleighs. What powder and charge have your guys found to be most accurate with this bullet?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my 9,3x74R Chapuis,
I use, in Norma brass, Federal 215 primers, 65gr of IMR 4831 with 286 gr Woodleigh Softs, Solids, and 286gr Nosler Partitions.

They all hit to the same place to @250 yards.

Start about 62 gr and work up.

I have taken a lot of NA game as well as a lot of African plains game, including giraffe, and also cape buff and elephant.

My 9,3 Chapuis is one of my favorite, and most effective hunting rifles.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote