THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Krieghoff classic- cocked action extraction problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff classic- cocked action extraction problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a krieghoff classic in .470 and I am having troubles with the action when it is in the cocked position. I have to manually force the the action open the last little bit to extract and or load shells. It is like that in the cocked position only, un-cocked the action breaks open nicely.

Is this a problem that can be fixed by an adjustment or is it a trait of the krieghoff classic?

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
If it is fairly new,it will require some breaking in. Mine was like that when I got it. I used some fine lapping compound on it along with repeated use it is ok now.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both of mine were like that - .375 still is and the 20g barrels are a little bit of a pain becasue you cannot step up to the line and just drop two shells in - it takes two distinct movements to get the shells in- drop them in then open the action a fraction more so the shells will slide all the way in

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to a gunsmith at Krieghoff yesterday and he indicated that it needs a minor barrel adjustment. "A little taken off the barrel" is what he indicated. He said a good gunsmith could correct it and to have the gunsmith call him if he needed help with it. I'll let you know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine losened up after about 300 rounds. Works
fine now. Follow Krieghoff's advice to preserve your warranty.

Good Shooting

Tetonka
DRSS 450/400 NE 3in. K-gun

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote