THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    *UPDATE* Mystery Underlever 360ex DR - Alex Henry or Purdey - Interesting Story ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*UPDATE* Mystery Underlever 360ex DR - Alex Henry or Purdey - Interesting Story ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted
A mystery Alexander Henry 360ex - I love guns with a story.

I picked this up this weekend and started researching. Its absolutely "Mint" and I'm sure it will be a fun little shooter. I have sent an inquiry to John Dickson & Son for any info they might have. They have the Alexander Henry records. Research will continue.

*UPDATE* a fellow forum member pointed out this little Double has more features of a Purdey than an Alex Henry - Perhaps it was pilfered from Purdey and its not an Alex Henry after all. See this link ..

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101427359

as always, your comments are welcome.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you plan to finish the gun or leave it in the white?

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...You might have received stolen property (The pessimistic side)

Posts: 3461 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDGJ:
Do you plan to finish the gun or leave it in the white?

Ken
Hello Ken,

I haven't decided yet. In the white helps tell the story.

quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Hmmm...You might have received stolen property (The pessimistic side)
Hello Duane,

That's not as bad as the seller .. perhaps he sold stolen property. Whistling All this adds to the story!!! clap

***** UPDATE ***** First field test ... this is great .. ! !

I used Hornady .358 dia HPXTP pistol bullets and bumped them up to .366 dia in my 9.3 swage die.

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
*UPDATE*

*UPDATE* a fellow forum member pointed out this little Double has more features of a Purdey than an Alex Henry - Perhaps it was pilfered from Purdey and its not an Alex Henry after all. See this link ..

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101427359