THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Teddy’s best quality Holland double
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teddy’s best quality Holland double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well on an overnight for work and went to the history museum in Louisville KY as I’ve never been here. Besides the obvious awesome history of this state including yet again Lewis and Clarke ( they get around) the museum happened to have TR’s double from the 1909 safari.!looked to be .470 but I could not read it and did not specify. Got pics but I can’t post. Really a nice rifle. Looked brand new. Never know what you will run into

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a 500/450.i actually got to hold it the last thimemthe NRA Convention was in Louisville.

I have pictures of it behind glass if younwillmpm me email, I will send them to you.

Did you get to eat at Morton’s?

Posts: 12211 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw Morton’s. I assume I should eat there? Awesome rifle I’ll
Pm you

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really liked the sling swivels in it. Need something for my average 470

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morton’s is my favorite. I get the rack of lamb med rare with 20 year Taylor Fladgate Twamy Port. Then a Manhattan at the Bar with buffalo trace.

Great place.

Posts: 12211 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've been to that particular firearms museum in Louisville, Kentucky as well. Saw, among other things, the Roosevelt H&H double rifle. Would liked to have held it, but it was behind glass. Lovely double rifle! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also have Jesse James 1873 colt, Custers matched set 1861 Colts his wife sold. Geronimos now and quiver. Pretty cool and unexpected. I guess it was an armsmuseum but now a general history museum

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love to get there and see it.

Made just as they started chambering more 500/465 and less 500/450, and just as they introduced the hand detachable side plates, but not on this rifle.

I read where they totally replaced the forend due to use on that safari.

DRSS

Posts: 1974 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Here's the story ....

http://www.nrvoutdoors.com/TR/TRBIGSTICK.htm

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2204 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frazier Museum use to have a very large collection of LaMats on display. Sadly, they no longer are.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That is one double rifle I would love to own! I have posted this before, but again I was lucky enough to get to handle that rifle at a shot show at Dallas years ago. The booth that had it wanted to sell 100 tickets @ 25.00 per for a drawing to let the winner go to a local range and shoot the rifle with 10 rounds at targets.

He couldn't get the word out early enough to sell all 100 tickets, so it was quashed. I told the guy when he told me about the idea I would buy $100 worth on the spot. He told me to wait till he could get enough folks to play the game. Alas he didn't get enough, so it was quashed. I still told him I would give him the $100 anyway to let me shoot the rifle, but it fell through.

………………………………………………………………….. CRYBABY CRYBABY old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice story they should include that at the museum

White Mountains Arizona