THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    The .450 #2 passes the test with flying colours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The .450 #2 passes the test with flying colours
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last Sunday I finally had everything jigged up and ready to go. Fired up the torches and soldered everything together with Hi-Force. Spent each evening last week scraping and stoning all of the surplus solder away. Yesterday I set the gun up in my proofing cradle and put 3 "blue pills" down each barrel. No sign of any problems whatsover. Then fired 4 rights and 4 lefts, off-hand, with the iron sights, at 25 yards. Each barrel grouped into about 1 1/2", about 6" apart, and on exactly the same vertical plane. Should be a snap now to pull the wedge forward, allowing the muzzles to converge more, and bring the barrel groups together. After about 1000 hours of labour, and about $3000, I feel as if I won the lottery yesterday!!! Also, the gun is an absolute pussycat to shoot. 500 grain Hornadys at 2100 fps were comfortable as can be to shoot.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good going, how about some pics?

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing My most heart-felt congratulations to you.

Fine job, very fine!!! clap

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ill have to chech your project out im from niagara falls ontario not to far away.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have some photos saved in HP PhotoShop but have no idea how to post them here. I'll have to get my son-in-law over to do that for me.

Have to go to Buffalo in the near future to meet my niece from Ellicottville and pick up 250 of these discontinued Hornady bullets that I bought on e-bay. Depending on timing, could arrange a meet, or better yet, the next gun show in Ancaster.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
possibly......im not big on canadian guns shows.......plus i never buy used firearms.......

wich hornady bullets you looking for.....

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

that is sooooooooooooo cool! As my younger nephews and nieces say "You are the bomb!". I think that refers to Hiroshima and the fact that dropping it was the end of the conflict. Anyway, they said that to me once, and I took it as a compliment.

Congratulations,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Ron,

that is sooooooooooooo cool! As my younger nephews and nieces say "You are the bomb!". I think that refers to Hiroshima and the fact that dropping it was the end of the conflict. Anyway, they said that to me once, and I took it as a compliment.

Congratulations,

Rich

Big Grin

da bomb
1. n. A mid nineties term for the best. A great thing or situation. "That CD is the bomb!" "His corvette is the bomb!" "This place is the bomb!"

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

Congratulations on an extraordinary feat! Building your own ... wow!

Pictures! We want Pictures!

(If you'd like to post a few selected pictures I'd be happy to put them on a server for you. E-mail them to me [address is in my profile].)

Again, Congratulations!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations you have the satisfaction of doing a difficult job your self and showing that you are up to the challenge.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey ron, good going !! all your hard work paid off. now we all want to see pics.
cheers, tom ondrus

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

List of addresses sent for your pics. Use the picture icon to encorporate them into your post with an edit, or when building a new post.

Thanks!

Mike

--------------

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks mike. Did that go to my home e-mail address or to private messages on this forum?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to your e-mail not to pm.

Mike

--------------

One of Us
Picture of yellowhammer
posted Hide Post
very good clap

Posts: 87 | Location: Eastern Texas | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote