THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    , WELL I DIDN'T dodge the bullet, folks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

, WELL I DIDN'T dodge the bullet, folks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great News!

Best,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Way to go Mac! We are all very happy.

cheers

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
That's great news Mac. Glad to hear a positive report. jumping

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news Mac!!! cheers

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Great news.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm very relieved to hear your news.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Thank God, Mac. I'm relieved and happy for you. Live life like you're on borrowed time.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More time here asked for, more time here granted, The SOURCE is obvious thumb

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
What great news! Take it one day at a time. Thought of you when I got the message below:

Trials keep You Strong,

Sorrows keep You Human,

Failures keep You Humble,

Success keeps You Glowing,

But Only God keeps You Going!

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news, Mac!!! I'm happy for you and your family!!! cheers

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I look forward to sharing more campfires with you, Sir!

Now if we can just get Claire to remove those "For Sale" tag of your doubles! Big Grin Eeker

So very happy for you, Mac!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mac: Look forward to reading fresh Duggaboy posts 10 years from now.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great news indeed!!!! thank God!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Bill/Oregon said !!!

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Great news! Very happy for you and your family.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Now if we can just get Claire to remove those "For Sale" tag of your doubles! Big Grin Eeker

!

jumping jumping

I think I just saw her come in the door with some packages that read "MADALINE KAY JEWELRY" on them! EekerCRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Congrats on the great news, now as soon as you feel up to it get that 470 in hand and go chase a buff or two.

Byron

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigB:
Mac,

Congrats on the great news, now as soon as you feel up to it get that 470 in hand and go chase a buff or two.

Byron

Thanks Byron! By the way that 470NE Merkel shoots four rounds, two from each barrel, into a 2" group at 50yds. I'm modifying the sights as we speak to a wide"V", and ivory bead front. The triggers are very nice on that rifle! Did they come that way, or did you have them smoothed?

I have a feeling this rifle will stay in my vault for as long as I live. It shoots as well as any double I've ever owned! Maybe that is because it fits me so well.

Did you ever find the factory test target? if so I'd love to have it!

Thanks again for the kind words, Byron, and the way it looks now, with fingers crossed, I'm going to beat this! If so, I'm on my way to reach out and touch a couple of Buffalo with your old double rifle! I have the picture of you, and your elephant, holding that 470, in my screen saver! beer

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Triggers are from the factory, I will look again for the test target. It had two rounds touching at 50.

Glad to hear the rifle shoots well for you. My elephant ear turned out nice, I had it tanned and flattened to put on the wall. Did you getyours tanned.

Take care.

Byron

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigB:
Mac,

Triggers are from the factory, I will look again for the test target. It had two rounds touching at 50.

Glad to hear the rifle shoots well for you. My elephant ear turned out nice, I had it tanned and flattened to put on the wall. Did you getyours tanned.

Take care.

Byron

I had my taxidermist send my ear to be tanned, but they called and said they do not tan Elephant. I've still got in the box but haven't found anyone who will tan it. Who did your's?

Don't go to any trouble to find the target, it isn't important!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Mayes Taxidermy

715 344 4868

Ask for Randy Mayes, he is in Stevens Point, WI

Byron

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
MacD37: the CAT-scan and PET-scan didn't light up anything....six weeks of radiation therapy to make sure the surgery got it all....there may be very small particles left that will not show up, but the radiation should take care of that....Maybe, I stopped the charge!

Mac, this is good news. My brother-in-law is fighting the same thing but he has had fairly aggressive metastasis. Your positive attitude will go along way in "stopping the charge".

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote