THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Show of hands for the Chapuis group buy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show of hands for the Chapuis group buy?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just curious as to how many of you are going to order a Chapuis through Dale with his latest group buy and what did you order?
My order was for the UGEX in 9.3x74R. Since I am left handed I ordered it with no cheek piece, zero cast and a 14.5 lop.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Not officially ordered yet as I'm waiting for an engraving option but:

I will order a RGEX 9.3x74R, left handed cheek piece stock with 1/4" cast-on, recoil pad, 14.75" LOP, Rechnagel scope mounts w/Leupold 1.75x6x32mm scope regulated for 100yds.

I like the Red Stag engraving for one side as they look like elk but Dale is seeing if they will do a bear instead of the Roe deer on the other side.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to make up my mind ---SxS or O/U?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
My 9.3X74R UGEX should be here in a couple of weeks.
Smiler

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I taught my wife ONE thing: always offer people options, and always hold them responsible for their actions...consequences can be such a terrible. She turned the tables on me here, dang it!! It has come back to haunt me today.

A. "...go ahead and buy one honey boy..."

B. "...or, go ahead and go buffalo hunting in Zimbabwe this summer of 2007...".

homer

hoisted on my own foul petard in a manner of speaking.

Andbody got some real sound advice?
Didn't think so...

Rich

I am still espousing the theory that 500 grains has Alzheimer's Disease. The symptoms are eerily similar.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Idaho, turn the tables back on her and use a line all women use: tell her with all the money you saved buying the Chapuis in the group buy, you have enough money left to go buffalo hunting! After all, you could have bought a Heym but this deal was soooo good... dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
idaho - buy the rifle. you don't want to go to africa without a proper double, do you ??

dales prices are really good. i am between the rgex and the rex in 9,3

my concern is the cheekpiece they show on these. they call it a pancake. i call it a cowflop ! i would prefer a shadowline cheekpiece
or the cheekpiece they used to use. these things look terrible !

also not too fired up about their animal engraving. around here we are pretty short of reh (roebuck) and rothirsch ( red stag)and maybe, just maybe there is a wild boar somewhere

why can't they just offer arabesque engraving like they used to do as an option ?

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hated the cheekpiece myself that is why I went cheekless. I also contacted Dale about the engraving and he told me Chapuis would not engrave "Alaskan" animals. Bummer as I did want bears and moose. But oh well, the engraving doesnt make them shoot any better. I wished they would offer a plain jane model and it would suit me just fine.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I should see mine in a couple of weeks.

I didn't like the engraving either. Tried to get the old style floral, but it was no longer available on the UGEX. I solved the problem by ordering the case color reciever, which I really wanted, and it is available on the UGEX with no engraving. I think the slick, simple look will be better than the animals.

I also think you can order the stock with no cheekpiece. Since you can order any measurements you want, that should be one way to get away from the pancake cheekpiece if you don't like it.

I will try to post some pictures when I recieve my rifle.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DB Bill
Trust me, get the SxS.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I can't swing it this year, so will use the CZ 9,3 for Namibian plains game.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
N E 450 No 2 ---- you are an evil Pied Piper but instead of leading rats to the pier you are leading the rest of us to ??????

How about...after we all get out Chapuis doubles you organize a hog shoot somewhere in Texas. Now I don't mean just pop a few porkers and go home but rather a full-blown extraganza of a couple of days where we get to lie about how good we are, alibi why we're shooting the way we are, kill a bunch of hogs, eat bar-b-q and generally have a good old macho-manly time? dancing

If the young guys who still work for a living have to wimp out then us older guys could muddle on with the right liquid refreshment and a supply of good cigars. dancing

I'm already getting excited. clap

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depending on how good the place is where we are doing our Jan DRSS hunt we might be able to go there.

When will you guys have your guns?

Also I know a good company in Idaho to do a black bear over bait hunt with.

The 9,3 is great for that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill/Oregon
What bullet will you use in your 9,3x62?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Dale said we should expect 7 to 8 months so that would be July/August.September hopefully.

DB Bill aka Bill George

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
NE 450: I had planned on Nosler 286-grain Partitions, but my PH, Johann Veldsman, recommends the Barnes Triple Shock 250 grain for just a bit flatter trajectory. He shoots a CZ 9,3 as well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DennisHP,

you aren't married, are you? Them girl "homies" don't play that game.
Seriously, it was a good thought; just didn't fly. The delivery date settles it, I am going to be in Zimbabwe in early August with HHK testing the 550 Magnum on buffalo, zebra, and some big-horned antelope. Enough for the first trip, and I'll haul my 9,3x62 along for back up...or the 416 Rigby. If I can get a certain gunsmith who posts here off the dime, I might have the 550 Flanged Magnum double rifle done on the browning BSS to take instead.
May be able to order this time next year...

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Idaho, I've been married twice and know too well that what's good for the goose is never adequate for the gander. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen to that.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boll I have had good results with the Nosker in my 9,3x74R.
Let know how you like the 250x.