Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Happy joy!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of KINO
posted
I spoke with Butch Searcy today to inquire about my Deluxe model 470 N.E.

First let me say that Butch was out of the shop at the time I called, about noon.
I promptly got a return call about an hour later and it was Butch returning the call. Butch told me that the barrels and action are completed and the engraving done. The stock is being made and fitted. He estimated three to four weeks until it's compleated.

That will make the build time eight months and three weeks since ordering, although I placed the order in Oct. before the shows.
Butch took the time to give some advice on load development and some other questions and has been most helpful throughout the process.

I didn't want too keep him too long. I know 577 N.E. is anxiously awaiting his bruiser. As well as everyone else on the list. Big Grin

I'm looking forward to the arrival of my first double and will post some pict. when it gets here. Cool

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jumping I'll bet your ready to play!

Congratulations on the new member of the family.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
After two crappy days at work, it was the best news all week.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congratulations indeed!!! this is good news for me too.......i hope. i placed the order for mine in october as well.........early october. hopefully mine wont be too far behind....woooooooo....hoooooooooo!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
KINO:

That's great news! I wonder if our very own Bill Soverns is doing the stocking on your gun???

Let's see some photos when your new mistress arrives.

Yes, we are anxious over here for our howitzer to get finished! I spoke with Mark, the engraver on Monday and he's starting on the Cape Buffalo this week. Hopefully in the next two weeks or so I'll have some additional photos to share!

Again, CONGRATS!

Butch is in a league of his own with his customer service.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Degoins, mine was placed Oct. 7th. If your is around that time and you didn't have any special ugrades or engraving it should be soon as well.
577 did your engraver say how many hours are involved in the Elephant, it's some of the best Iv'e seen and on stainless too. thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KINO, i think that was the exact date i placed my order too. mine will have no additional engraving and the only upgrades were the flip up night site and a trap door grip. man, i'm getting excited.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Kino:

Thanks for you kind words about the engraving. I was floored when I saw it.

I have not gotten an exact count of hours for the elephant, but I think he worked on it for approximately 40 to 50 hours. I can't be sure, but based upon the time when I got the first photos without the elephant I think that's a fair estimate. (But I could be way out in left field.)

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote