THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sagittaire Gros Gibier 12ga O/U
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sagittaire Gros Gibier 12ga O/U
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
I would love a SxS 12ga rifled gun but the only one I could find was an O/U rifled. Could one load brass cases for this with a lead bullet or would some factory slugs do the trick. I wasn't looking for huge power as it weighs 6.5lbs.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
I believe that peterdk's (posting here at AR) new gun maker company "Taksdale Gun & Rifle" are right now in the process of making some 50 -100 side by side 12 gauge full rifled double rifles for the trade Eeker

So check the prices with peterdk!

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Verney-Carron will make a 20 or 12 ga fully rifled SXS on the AZUR model. I have a 12ga of my own and a 20ga on order.
Since you are in Canada call Traddex (the Canadian importer)
http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/
Verney-Carron has years of experience making cold hammer forged rifled slug barrels, they have made all the slug barrels sold under the Hastings brand name and currently make slug barrels under contract for a number of manufacturers.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could one load brass cases for this with a lead bullet or would some factory slugs do the trick. I wasn't looking for huge power as it weighs 6.5lbs.

I talked to Rich at Slugs R Us about using brass cases
http://www.slugsrus.com/
He indicated he had problems with a full brass case and the best results were with a roll crimp in a plastic case.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PoppaW, I'll bet you're talking about the ones at TradeEx. I saw them on their site and emailed back and forth a bit about them. They don't come with test targets, but TradeEx has an excellent reputation and guarantees they are good shooters.

They look very interesting. I decided to pass, only because I will soon be retiring and moving away from the shotgun-only zone in which I now reside. I hope you will post here if you buy one...I'll be watching with great interest. Good luck.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote