THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Very nice H&H .577 BPE for $14,500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very nice H&H .577 BPE for $14,500
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the followijng persons are on my hypocrite list bacause they are "all hat, and NO cattle" as we say in Idaho:
500 grains and his boy ScottS

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
make that word following...somehow I put a j in.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Dan
Thats a fine looking double. Its really something the job they did running that upper tang back as far as they did! I wish I had half the talent of some.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
The following persons are on my ignore list due to their repeatedly posting dishonest and untrue information:
jeffeoso (moderator), and his sycophantic groupies IdahoSharpshooter and JMJ888.

quote:
Idaho Sharpshooter
one of us
Posted 01 December 2006 10:39 Hide Post
the followijng persons are on my hypocrite list bacause they are "all hat, and NO cattle" as we say in Idaho:
500 grains and his boy ScottS

Rich
DRSS

thumbdown 2020 lefty

Don't you guys ever get tired? Guys let's do some hunting, and shooting, life's too short for that crap!

GEEZE................... hammering

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That is a fine old H&H, and probably worth the $14,500 to an H&H collector. But I'd like it to shoot, and hunt with, without the very expensive name, at a more reasonable black powder Express price! If it didn't have the H&H engraved on it, it would be in the $8K to $10K range! $4500 to $6500 is a lot of money for a three letter engraveing!
beer

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac37, you might feel differently if one of the AR moderators was making up lies about you. Mad

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats more than a collector gun and well worth the price. I believe it is sold and did so in a day or two. A heavy 577 and with the note spring actuated under lever it probably has a third bite on the lug. It would be hard to find a 577 by any maker that heavy and in that condition and a late 1890's gun too. I would love to see the ledger page on that one.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gatsby:
Thats more than a collector gun and well worth the price. I believe it is sold and did so in a day or two. A heavy 577 and with the note spring actuated under lever it probably has a third bite on the lug. It would be hard to find a 577 by any maker that heavy and in that condition and a late 1890's gun too. I would love to see the ledger page on that one.

gatsby, you are most likely right in your valuation, but only because it is an H&H rifle. It is in fine shape, and looks exactly like a V. Haffner 577 I had at one time, in the same general condition, with better wood. If that rifle had been a H&H rifle, I would have had to pay a lot more money to get it, and I'd have made a lot more when selling it! I think you could print Holland & Holland on a water pipe, and get a big price for it, in some quarters. Big Grin

That one is a beautiful rifle, in any case, but simply not worth $14,500 to me! beer

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And if that pipe were regulated by or under the supervision of William Froome with typical Holland engraving it would be well worth the asking price.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if that pipe were regulated by or under the supervision of William Froome with typical Holland engraving it would be well worth the asking price.

jumping

Do you suppose it would supply water better? Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
No the water would certainly arrive in either case but I would keep the Holland pipe above ground, the others,well...

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mac,
No the water would certainly arrive in either case but I would keep the Holland pipe above ground, the others,well...

I know what you mean! beer

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith