Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis S12 O/U Double
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
I have not had a chance to get to any gun shows this year and I was wondering if anyone had seen/handled/purchased one of the new Chapuis S12 O/U double rifles? If so, what was your impression? Here is the link to the PDF:

http://www.chapuis-armes.com/u..._14%20GB_presS12.pdf

I don't have a clue what they cost yet.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I just saw one for sale on one of the websites yesterday. It seemed quite reasonable, but I don't think they make in in 338 RCM :-)

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, here it is...$5,500 in 375 H&H.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=342464802

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Biebs:

That's not the same model. The largest caliber S12 is a 9,3X74R. I sent an e-mail to Dale today. Maybe he can give us some info.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Biebs:

That's not the same model. The largest caliber S12 is a 9,3X74R. I sent an e-mail to Dale today. Maybe he can give us some info.

That's right the one for sale is a Orion 10, and the new one is an s12

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Mac:

What did you think of the concept of using a regulating block to regulate it and free floating the barrels? I kinda thought it was a neat idea.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Mac:

What did you think of the concept of using a regulating block to regulate it and free floating the barrels? I kinda thought it was a neat idea.

Dave if it works and holds regulation once regulated then it is something it seems a lot of people want.

I'm not a fan of adjustable regulation in a double rifle, but that is a personal thing with me.

A long time ago I had a Valmet 412 that was chambered for 375 Winchester, with a standard 1 in 12 inch twist. I re-chambered those barrels to 375 JDJ and regulated it, then soldered the adjustable feature permanently so it couldn't undo it's self at the wrong time.

Chapuis makes good rifles, and I have no doubt the mod 12 is a good rifle!

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Just heard from Dale. Base price for the S12 is $4,050 which includes shipping.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested! Wonder if these can be built left handed?
Any idea what calibers they can be chambered for?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I'm interested! Wonder if these can be built left handed?
Any idea what calibers they can be chambered for?

It is listed in the link! The largest chambering is 9.3X74R, with 8mmX57JRS and 30R Blaser

......................................................................... coffee

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith