THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    The metal at the end of the rib
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The metal at the end of the rib
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted
What is the name for the metal filler that "plugs" the end of the rib at the end of the barrels?
I have a double shotgun that this came out of and now its just a hole under the rib. Is it an easy fix?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Solder, and yes it's an easy fix.

Posts: 138 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 13 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hollis Perkins:
Solder, and yes it's an easy fix.

Yes it is an easy fix, but must be done properly.

Take a little aluminum foil and press it down in the hole to make a floor for the solder! wrap the end with a couple of rounds of bailing wire so the ribs and barrels do not move.

Then use ROZEN FLUX SOLDER(do not use acid flux) cover the muzzles and melt the solder into the hole till it is full, then with a small file like jeweler’s file and file it down flush with the end of the rib & muzzles!

........................................................ tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote