THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Merkel 140 with engraving price
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel 140 with engraving price
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
A friend wants to sell his Merkel 140 470 NE. It is the model with the factory engraving of an elephant on one side and a lion on the other.

It has been used on one safari and is in excellent condition.

Please let me know what you think it is worth. List price is 12K.

Thanks

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assuming minty conditon go to newest version of BBGV and use 98% column to find it's worth. Sorry mate, but I get one every five years or so, the info in mine is too vintage to quote here. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the recent listings I have seen, an engraved 140 in 470 caliber in used/excellent condition is listing for about $10,000. That is list and not necessarily what it will sell for.

Engraving is not always a plus.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out gunsinternational.com

a lot of cabella stores have them listed there

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
on this same forum there is a 470 new for $7,500
but not with engraving.

also try
www.gunsinternational.com

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$12K is too much for a Merkel even with engraving.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a shop down under selling 140 for $5600
I am told. I don't know cost of importing?

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
on this same forum there is a 470 new for $7,500
but not with engraving.

Confused Confused

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J D

the shop down under that lists merkel big bores for low prices is a sham. it is run by a lunatic kraut from germany.... who is superior to all other persons on earth. he is still living the arayan race myth. i tried to buy from him at prices listed. you try and see what you get. nothing but bs from him

TOMO577

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you tomo
I picked up a 140 today at a great price.
Finding a importer, maybe getting tied up with customs and the excise tax, having little or no recourse if you send your money and have a problem. If you are lucky you could save a grand on what I paid, if you have bad luck
you could lose your money or have the gun tied up in red tape. The new guy has a used with more engraveing for 10.000 on his site.
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro