THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Sign you're in the Ukraine...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sign you're in the Ukraine...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The streets are full of armed Russian soldiers

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is the Ukraine?

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Obviously, Edmond, he was speaking of the region and not the nation.

On another note, I have often wondered why the French speak of their country as "La France".

Oops, maybe I should have just said "French" instead of "the French".

killpc

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no region called "THE" Ukraine except in Russian to mean it is a province of Russia and in German that follows Russian with the declination.

La France? because every country has a gender in latin language and is assimiliated to Motherland, a feminine word.

Les Etats Unis, because there are many states.

The French is correct.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So he was right then it's THE Ukraine.

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Until 1991 people in the USA referred to the region as "the Ukraine". We also used to speak of a region we knew of as "the Crimea". People who learned those terms in school, heard them on the news, and saw them in print got used to it and often will use the terms today. The borders (and official names) of the countries Ukraine and Crimea have changed over time but the geographic regions of the Ukraine and the Crimea always remain the same.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from the early 1990's, for fifteen years or so, our church sent young people there to teach computer skills, and business practices. They came home and gave presentations on their visits there.

Calling the Ukraine a country is like saying Georgia is. They seceded from the US, just as the Ukraine is trying to do from Russia. It's working about as well for the Ukrainians as it did for the Georgians.

What country are you in Edmond? Are you living in the Ukraine and fighting for freedom, or are you in some other country? If so, do you have official refugee status? Or, are you, perhaps a citizen of some other country?

You have nearly 63,000 posts here to date; and I do not think you have one related to the primary intended usage of this forum, "Accurate Reloading" is not a "Free the Ukraine" forum.

The UN does not recognize them as a free and independent country, neither does the US.

I am just not interested in seeing a never-ending, never relevant series of posts anymore...

As my wise old Grandfather used to say, "it's time to shit or get off the pot...".

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Rich, Ukraine is a UN member state with no current disputes over sovereignty.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Rich, Ukraine is a UN member state with no current disputes over sovereignty.

Kinda like the Finns. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
from the early 1990's, for fifteen years or so, our church sent young people there to teach computer skills, and business practices. They came home and gave presentations on their visits there.

Calling the Ukraine a country is like saying Georgia is. They seceded from the US, just as the Ukraine is trying to do from Russia. It's working about as well for the Ukrainians as it did for the Georgians.

What country are you in Edmond? Are you living in the Ukraine and fighting for freedom, or are you in some other country? If so, do you have official refugee status? Or, are you, perhaps a citizen of some other country?

You have nearly 63,000 posts here to date; and I do not think you have one related to the primary intended usage of this forum, "Accurate Reloading" is not a "Free the Ukraine" forum.

The UN does not recognize them as a free and independent country, neither does the US.

I am just not interested in seeing a never-ending, never relevant series of posts anymore...

As my wise old Grandfather used to say, "it's time to shit or get off the pot...".

regards,

Rich

Please applaude our resident gross ignoramus champion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better that than being a liar and someone who will not tell the truth about their current status.

Again,

You are not going to put honest questions asked of you in print are you?

what country do you reside in and have citizenship in?

what are you actually doing besides whining on AR?

By the way, anyone else click on the strataforum link? It is not even in English so we can find out anything about Edmond, et al.

just curious...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you read a few of my posts, you would not have to ask, gross ignoramus.

quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Better that than being a liar and someone who will not tell the truth about their current status.

Again,

You are not going to put honest questions asked of you in print are you?

what country do you reside in and have citizenship in?

what are you actually doing besides whining on AR?

By the way, anyone else click on the strataforum link? It is not even in English so we can find out anything about Edmond, et al.

just curious...

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I don't know, Rich. I just clicked on the strataforum link and I read this written in English, "This Account has been suspended".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grenadier,

Edmond may have been promoted from circus clown to the guy who follows the parade with the pooper-scooper by the legal authorities (Russian).

My Gosh, Edmond, who's got time to read thru 63,000+/- of your drivel in search of one pertinent post.

I would be careful, if your url has been suspended, those may be KGB knocking on your door any minute...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My curiosity was piqued. Edmond is under the erroneous impression that the Ukraine province of Russia is a country. Not the USSR, but the ancient country of Russia.

Edmond's stance, is a lie or fantasy, depending on whether you consider Edmond lives in the real world, or in his version of Disneyland.

My Great-Grandparents left us a complete set of the 1904 New International Encyclopedia, by Dodd, Mead, and Company. I have had them in my possession since 1972.

In reference to this pipe dream of Edmonds':

Ukraine: A name formerly applied to a part of the old Kingdom of Poland, comprising portions of the present Russian provincial governments of Podolia, Kiev, Tchernigov, Ekaterninoslav, and Kherson,, and the whole of Poltava.

By the Treaty of Andrussov in 1667 the portion to the left of the Dnieper and Kiev passed to Russia, and later became known as Little Russia.

The remainder was acquired by Russia at the second partition of Poland in 1793.

In the eyes of every literate person in the world, excepting a few Edmondites, it has not, existed as a separate political entity for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

And now Edmond's url has been suspended. Is Edmond himself next?

Rich

By the way Edmond, I would love for you to post a historically correct refutation to this. No pipe dreams, just FACTS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not the right forum. Take it private

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Edmond is gone...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Strata Forum site has been successfully hacked by Russians, the reason you saw a page in Russian.
We restablished it and it was subjected to a massive russian bots attack in order to create a denial of service
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...al-of-service_attack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A long time I know I am doing the right thing and with good results as Don found it

quote:
The special forces are beginning an assault of peaceful demonstrators in Kyiv. Pray and let the whole world know.

Edited on April, 13, 2014 to add:

This information thread was started four months ago and the situation is now changing daily with an impending russian all out attack of eastern and southern Ukraine by the huge concentration of troops on its border, a firepower not seen since World War Two.

Attacks by paramilitary groups on police stations, ordnance depots and mobile phone relays are increasing. Saboteurs are arrested almost daily by SBU, Border guards and Police.

Going to the last page, you will have access to the latest information.

Every piece of information is checked and translated by a group representing now 250 persons, using 8 languages, EuroMaidan PR.

130 different sources are used and every fact is checked, sometimes live on spot since more than 25,000 persons read us.

When Russia Today spreads propaganda saying that posters of fascists are published somewhere on an official building or ten of thousands demonstrate against the "Kiev junta" someone can check and send us a photo.

Almost of the lies used by the russian "news" agencies have been debunked.

Kremlin trolls are hard at word everywhere and russian intel was traced back with their IP after attacks began here.

Enjoy your reading!

This is our badge of honour, the best award we could receive!

quote:
Kremlin’s Gremlins: pro-Russian trolls have Kremlin IP addresses

Posted on March 29, 2014 by chornajuravka

We well know that the World Wide Web has been used for a long time as a tool to manipulate public opinion, as has been demonstrated in the past with the invasion of Iraq in 2003. But never before has the manipulation reached such a level as the Kremlin has taken it to for the past few years.

The Saint Petersburg Times describes how they uncovered a troll operation aimed at political opponents and American politics, culture, and way of life.[/url]

Edited on Jan, 5, 2016
The St. Petersburg Times is closed under the new law that prohibits foreigners to have majority share in Russian medias, it is now under control of its sister magazine under control that is itself now under control of one of Putin's partner.
The article has been deleted from the russian internet and can be found here http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06...the-agency.html?_r=0

Local reporters infiltrated a covert organisation hiring people to blog and attack opponents

These Internet agencies are numerous, and a journalist talked to one coordinator who explained with an example of the the work they do.

Navalny is the Hitler of our time

Most of the sites with a large number of members see these trolls appearing in blogs and forums.

One of our contributors, a firearms expert who helped identify firearms used on Maidan and who is a member of a world-famous site for anything related to shooting, Accurate Reloading , has been keeping the other site members informed about the situation in Ukraine since last December, when he started a thread in the forum for politics .

The first trolls immediately appeared in the #РуссоФашисто Ukraine. Breaking news. discussion thread , and attacks began immediately.

Since all information was verified before being posted, more viewers came to read, and the trolls were unable to sully the author’s name, as he is well known for his expertise in this community. The Gremlins changed their modus operandi and opened 55 other threads related to Ukraine, where they spread RT and other Russian ‘news’ propaganda. They tried unsuccessfully to divert readers from the main thread.

A few days ago, new trolls appeared, using the usual suspects’ modus operandi of not answering or addressing the issue under discussion, but repeating the official Kremlin propaganda ad nauseam while some of their supporters were carrying on the old method of spamming the board with multiple threads opened daily.

Some of the IP’s routes were traced back and surprisingly, but not very much so, one of the routes traced back indicated a server located inside the Kremlin.

Here is the evidence that the head of disinformation campaign resides in the Kremlin.

See the screen capture.

Edited on June, 22, 2014 to add:

This thread is Kremlin disapproved!

Edited on July, 23, 2014 to add:

This thread passed 100.000 unique viewers.

Thanks!Merci! Grazie! Gracias! Danke! Diakuyu! Spassibo!

Edited on September,22, 2014 to add:

Campaign about the lack of press freedom in Ukraine. Euromaidanpr is quoted: http://en.itar-tass.com/world/750748

Usual twisting from TASS. Euromaidanpr and similar sites are clearly Moscow's nightmare.

Edited on November,3, 2014 to add:

Putinists, Trolls, kremlin gremlins and useful idiots have left this thread one after another along the months.

The army of trolls is still active, the Kremlin budget for the information war is in million USD order of magnitude..

The sad life of Putin’s “Troll Army”

http://euromaidanpress.com/201...f-putins-troll-army/

Edited on December,15, 2014 to add:

One year ago, I decided to set up an informative thread on this site that is known worldwide, where I post for more than a decade.
I got through difficult times with Americans considering the Maidaners as troublemakers and rioters, kremlin gremlins and the usual trolls.

Today, it reaches 150.000 single viewers and many told me they turn to this thread to get reliable news, teachers are using it with their students and many people understand better what is happening in a country most never heard of before.

These words are the best reward one can get. Thank you!

Edited on January 24, 2015 to add:

Thank you all who share our page on Facebook!

We have reached 100.000 new visitors a day!

https://www.facebook.com/euromaidanpr

Edited on Feb, 25, 2015 to add:

10.000 new single viewers per month, this thread has now its own life. Thank you!

Edited on June, 7, 2015 to add:

We are soon reaching 200.000 single viewers, the kremlin trolls are reduced to repeat the same BS and get their ass handed back to them every time! Thank you!

Edited on Deecember, 28, 2015 to add:

We are about to reach a quarter of a million single viewers, above 10,000 niew viewers per month for two years.

I thank you for your will to seek information, to come back here to check, for the public support or personal messages I received, for Ukraine, Europe and Peace who will benefit of informed thinking.

Most of the trolls have left, it must be difficult to bear when Putler admiots he lies and they accused me for lying, following their dear leader's line who changed the line.

Those identified as Russia's official entities members have been dealt with as needed after being identified and having crossed the line of death threats towards me.

There are still many useful idiots handing me a big stick to be beaten with posting again and again the same lies that have beenb proven lies, quoting well known complotists blogs or Moscow's relays.

A BIG THANK YOU!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
add it the death threats by some trollus kremlinus here on AR, the reason they have been banned, attacks on my Facebook page and profile with mass conplaints from muscovite trolls and some events in real life.

I am definitely doing the right thing to have moved from France to fight the tchekists here.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes of course it would come from Don.Well done comrade.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
' Where is the Ukraine ' ?

Right here in New York State , Glen Spey.With traditional wooden Ukrainian church ,St.Volodymyrs !!

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Whores are everywhere and they will work for cans of Spam.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Whores are everywhere and they will work for cans of Spam.

I thought they preferred porkers clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so why is Lebanon referred to as THE Lebanon ? Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote