New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doc. Joke
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A jaguar mechanic was removing the cylinder head from the engine of an E-type when he spotted a well known cardiac surgeon in the garage.
The surgeon was waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted out across the garage, “Hey Doc.... want to take a look at this?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and said, “So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves out, repaired or replaced anything damaged and then put everything back in.

When I finished it worked just like new.

How is it then, that I make $60,000 a year – while you make $1.5 million when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The cardiac surgeon paused, leaned over and whispered to the mechanic…

"Try doing it with the engine running!!"

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Generally, they shut the heart down and use a heart Lung machine. I would call that cheating. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I remember Zeig Zeigler commenting in one of his seminars years ago about not drinking. He said that most people when asked said it gave them an edge. His response was that if it works for you then it should work for everyone so before your open heart surgery you insist that the Dr. takes a drink.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin