Find
Notify
Tools

Medical Care Crisis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I think we may need a forum called "Tragic-Humour". I would post this there if we had one.

------------------------

Sometimes a guy really has to wonder about the world in general. One of the things we are all hearing & reading about these days is the crisis in medical care which many Americans are confronting.

Lots of people can't get health insurance at all; others have insurance which barely covers any of the care needed, leaving them with huge bills regardless of their paying large premiums.

At the same time, politicians are promising universal health care if elected, insurance companies are shoving "managed care" down our throats, and so on.

One has to ask, how much of this could be solved by applying genuine "thought" to the problem? Case in point. Local county government in this part of Oregon is in desperate straits for funds. At the same time, the county health care program is paying for "past life therapy" for some of its employees.

What, may you ask, is that? Well, gee, doncha know? Some folks have trouble coping in this life because of experiences in a previous incarnation!! Yeh, you heard that right. The County is paying for employee visits to a group of psychologists in a nearby large city, who are treating those employees for mental trauma suffered in a past life.

Well, that's the politically correct thing to do in Oregon these days...never question another person's beliefs, even if they are a cockamamie fruit cake!! I mean, isn't that DISCRIMINATION??

How much farther could our health care dollars go if used to pay for proven treatments of real, existing problems?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The next LOGICAL step (to me anyway),if you have been a real prick in this life and are afraid you'll be reincarnated as a toad or something lower on the totem pole of life, is to give you theropy to ready you to deal with that possibility.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know what the problem is. These people are obviously wacko, just in a different way than they think. The patients I mean. Smiler

So what about Chiropractors? my insurance covered me for them. One did ackeypuncture to no avail. The next one took one glance at me and said to his nurse, "Ah, this is one of those (something)". Probably code for "sucker".

He waved a crystal around, wacked me in the back and pronounced me cured.

Coulda fooled me, going by the pain still resident. (nowhere near where he thumped me.)

While not exactly homourous, he was quite the comedian in his own way. Wink

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote