New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow in Toronto
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Probably have to be Canadian to really appreciate this. Most of us,hate Toronto and the smug superior elitism of it's inhabitants.

http://video.google.ca/videopl...3522795398916984003#

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We just got dumped on again last night. Snow in "Torana" is a great subject for satire. The emotional over reactions are fun.

How deep is it out where you are?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was ammused a week or so ago by the Toronto forcast. The temperature was forcasted to drop to -15 deg C and they had a severe weather warning out. At the same time from Manitoba right thru to Alberta the temps were in the -35 deg C range with a breeze but no warnings.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowman:
I was ammused a week or so ago by the Toronto forcast. The temperature was forcasted to drop to -15 deg C and they had a severe weather warning out. At the same time from Manitoba right thru to Alberta the temps were in the -35 deg C range with a breeze but no warnings.

That's why I calls it MORONto and have never went any further East than Kenora...I might make it out East some day...but I'll be flying over all the "garbage dumps" on my way to the coast where the real Eastern Canadian hospitality is located!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That clip is perfect!

Most of the jobs I work are in downtown Toronto, roughly a 120-km drive from my home. I am constantly being asked how I can stand to do that drive. Believe me, on most days it isn't nearly far enough away.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote