New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the bank today...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got a check for $400 I wanted to cash.

We have two new tellers, both from the bank's minority hiring program.

So, I sign the check, and she asks me how I want the money. I tell her "large bills, please.".

She says, "I can't help you. All the bills in my drawer are the same size...".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Good 1,,,,we have some dandy's in Anchorage too.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are everywhere.

Posts: 1074 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Not just in Anchorage, Obama is minority hire. No skills or experience, elected due to his color. However, he is half black. Is he not half white?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
This actually happened to me:

I used the drive-through at a Macdonald's to place an order that totalled $3.22. When I reached the pay window, I handed the girl a five dollar bill and told her "Here's the three" as I sorted out two dimes and three pennies from a bunch of coins on my pickup's console.

When I looked back at her, she was looking at my bill as if she'd never seen a fiver before.

This says five dollars," she said.

"Oops. Guess I'm all out of threes." I said.

It satisfied her, but it took her a minute or two to realize she owed me two dollars.

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was the extra penny a tip?

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
O.K. here goes my old man rant. I came of an age that we knew math + also how to count change back.I always give a hearty thank you to any of the girls that get it right.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
It's worse than that now. Now the software in the cash register not only tells the cashier how much change to give, but also keeps track of the number of nickles, dimes, etc in the cash drawer. So when the drawer gets counted down at night, it comes up with an "error" if the number of coins don't equal what the register "thinks" should be in there. And that's even if the actual cash value of the drawer counts out correctly.

So if you give the right change back, but it's in the wrong count of coins (say 2 dimes and a nickle, instead of a quarter), then the drawer has an error that the "manager" has to figure out. Which in itself can be pretty entertaining to watch.

They can only lower the bar so far...

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, they also have registers that tell the cashier how much change is due the customer--example-your bill is 3.47--change reads give to customer 2 quarters and3 pennies--if you had handed the cashier 4 dollars

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try getting one of them to read a tape measure for you!

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, I remember when cashiers had to be able to ring up the price of the item on a 10 key register. Today they can hire a check out clerk and after 10 minutes of training on how to swipe, they're up to speed. They leave out the part about smiling at the customer and saying thank you when done.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I first arrived in Heathrow, we for further ways stocked triangular sandwiches in the shop, at the airport, and stood about this shop, waiting for transfer. At that time our Russian fastfood was some old-fashioned, so to speak. Someone from our group expressed admiration for the level of the local civilization that I, as an inveterate hater of the West, it was unpleasant to hear. In the shop there were a few sellers and the administrator, all, as it says, minority. And here before our eyes in the shop happened technogenic disaster. The cash register ran out of paper tape. When we left the airport, twenty minutes later, the entire staff of the store and invited, apparently, the experts, continued to work to resolve the problem.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote