THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Benefits of a Good Vocabulary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benefits of a Good Vocabulary
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted

Posts: 1086 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2 GoodOne!

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Engineer buddy of mine used to call a hammer, a "uni-directional, inertially enhanced impact generator"

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Years ago when I put up a clothesline, my wife told all the ladies at the Garden Club that I had built her a solar-powered clothes dryer. They were all so impressed.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Concerning engineers, we have a saying in the industry that 144 engineers = gross ignorance.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only vocabulary but good diction is also important as a true story here I will relate about what happened to a friend of mine in Houston in the mid-60s. Dave had an A.C. business + placed an ad in the paper for a secretary. This thick-lipped woman of obviously ebony persuasion says, "I'se calin abot the sectry jobs," Dave says I'm sorry maam but that position has already been filled. Not 2 days later here comes the FBI and agents of the NAACP on discrimination charges. Dave gets the FBI guy off to the side + says, "Look, my main business is in Westheimer (the bid dollar Jewish neighborhood). He says, If that woman answers my phone, I'll be out of business. The agent said, let me give you a tip to keep you out of trouble. In your add you say, MUST HAVE GOOD DICTION. That will get you off the hook.