THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Why . . . Is it Climate Change ? ? ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why . . . Is it Climate Change ? ? ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
When one is asked . . .

Why is it so hot? . . . . . .

You dumb-ass, it's August in Tennessee!

That is Why!!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
57 degrees C in our mountains a month ago!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We're back to a week of triple digits again this week, after enjoying about two weeks of off and on monsoon rains.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this hasn't happened in the last 4 billion years? The biggest problem is some people think weather/climate revolve around "Their" time on earth. Remember everything you hear was told by someone to someone with every one adding/subtracting what ever suited them.

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well it WAS 66 or 68 today, so I guess [shrug] I guess it is.
maybe near 80 later this week, so i'll say it will warm up enough for global something or other to get the blame.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the scams is "Feels Like" temps. A combination of heat and humidity. It deludes people into believing it is hotter than it really is. Years ago they just reported the temperature.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As a friend commented, "It's not the heat, it's the stupidity."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
well it WAS 66 or 68 today, so I guess [shrug] I guess it is.
maybe near 80 later this week, so i'll say it will warm up enough for global something or other to get the blame.

You lot are using silly scales!

Only the C scale matters.

0 means freezing.
100 means bowling!

But, you lot being American, nothing makes sense about you! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You threw me for a min. Saeed.
Then I realized, "boiling".

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
0 is freezing for water (Pure water at that). If you are implying that only one "Universal" scale should be used go Kelvin.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here he would be right. If it is 100 degrees we go to the bowling alley where it is air conditioned!
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
You threw me for a min. Saeed.
Then I realized, "boiling".

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed, 0 is still 0, be it Fahrenheit or centigrade.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Unless things have changed, 0 is still 0, be it Fahrenheit or centigrade.

Nope!

Water changes state from solid to liquid at app 32 degrees F depending on density (actually the osmolality) or 0 in the centigrade (Celsius) scale or 273 and change on the Kelvin scale. Zero Fahrenheit is about -17.778 C (Celsius). Formula for conversion is not used much in this day of smart phones with computers but degrees C= 5/9(degrees F-32). What is revealing is my high school age grandkids claim to have never heard of the Celsius scale much less the Kelvin scale.

Roger

Posts: 13 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 09 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid and I would complain about it being hot, my dad would always say 'its August, it's supposed to be hot'. It was the same reply in reverse when I would complain about the cold in January.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, I stand corrected. I have lived under the premise of things I have been taught years ago.We were taught that that was the one absolute. That brings to mind "Catch-22" in which the chaplain thinks about everything his parents told him; that is IF they REALLY were his parents. Hell, they lied to him about everything else. That being said, I can relate to the travesty done in our education system which I notice in my grandkids as well. Thank you for pointing that out. Hopefully we are never too old to learn.