New
Find
Notify
Tools

Math question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Three guys on a fishing trip stop at a motel to spend the night. They go up to the desk clerk and ask for a room and the cost.

The desk clerk says $30. Each man pulls out a $10 dollar bill and give it to the desk clerk. They collect their key and go to the room.

As the desk clerk completes the paperwork, he realized that a special discount was in effect and the room should have been $25. He calls the bellhop over and tells him what he did and gives him five $1 bills and tells him to take the $5 and give it to the three men who had rented the room.

On the way to the room he thinks what the heck three men five dollars that doesn't come out even. I think I will take my tip now and puts two of the $1 bills in his wallet.

He gets to the room with the three men and says you were overcharged for this room and gives each man a $1 bill which brings the total for each to $9.

The question.
$9 X 3= $27 + $2 the bell hop kept = $29
Where is the other dollar?

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You lying sack of you-know-what. You're not from Mississippi. You're from MIT.

Send me that missing dollar.

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Lesse:
10+10+10=30
30-5=25
25/3=8.333
They get 1 back so now they have paid 9.333
9.333x3=28
and the bell boy snitched 2
28+2=30

I do belive it all adds up

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xgrunt:
Three guys on a fishing trip stop at a motel to spend the night. They go up to the desk clerk and ask for a room and the cost.

The desk clerk says $30. Each man pulls out a $10 dollar bill and give it to the desk clerk. They collect their key and go to the room.

As the desk clerk completes the paperwork, he realized that a special discount was in effect and the room should have been $25. He calls the bellhop over and tells him what he did and gives him five $1 bills and tells him to take the $5 and give it to the three men who had rented the room.

On the way to the room he thinks what the heck three men five dollars that doesn't come out even. I think I will take my tip now and puts two of the $1 bills in his wallet.

He gets to the room with the three men and says you were overcharged for this room and gives each man a $1 bill which brings the total for each to $9.

The question.
$9 X 3= $27 + $2 the bell hop kept = $29
Where is the other dollar?[/QUOTe

$25 for the room, $1 for each guest X 3, $2 for the bell hop = $30

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My last time into central america was in the 60's full of this kind of crap.The answer to the equation is 1 American W/ a 1911 trumps your false math everytime.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo