New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very old Soviet anecdote
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Indian chief goes in Nevada by car (in 50-th years). Suddenly the car breaks down, and the Indian has no money for repairs . The chief collects branches, kindle a large fire and begins to signal to his tribe to the reservation, by the old Indian way - by the smoke of a fire:
"BRING 100$"
His tribesmen (miles per 50) saw this message and, in response, made a fire with this message:
"WHY DO YOU WANT MONEY, CHIEF? "
At this time, near that place, H-bomb was tested on the nuclear test site, there was a terrible explosion, and a huge nuclear mushroom is heaving in the sky. Reservation answer:
" ON IT'S WAY. ARE WE EVEN NOT ALLOWED TO ASK? "

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well,that's kinda funny.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Well,that's kinda funny.

I am glad you understand it Norm

Posts: 19433 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
to me the punch-line reads:

On it's way...sorry for asking!!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That helps. I live in Vegas and was still not getting the gist of it until CoyoteKiller82 'translated' it for me. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, CoyoteKiller82. Paetially corrected punch-line.
It's problem - the modern American language is not similar to the training course Bi-bi-si, on which are based the English textbooks around the world. And sustainable idioms are difficult to be translated. I sometimes ask a friend to help, he lives in England - he says that for the British, some American expressions incomprehensible. As he says, "they're there, beyond the river".

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and as soon as everybody figures it out we change it again.

Posts: 4987 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote