THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Montana Fish and Game Department bear alert
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Fish and Game Department bear alert
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
(This is an old joke but since no joke is old to anyone who never heard it before -and because it always makes me laugh, I'm posting it again)

" The Montana Fish and Game Department has issued an important bear alert notice. The text of the notice follows:

" It has come to the attention of the Department that many hikers and campers are unclear about dealing with grizzly bears. Therefore the Department is recommending that campers and hikers likely to encounter grizzly bears should wear little bells on their clothing. The noise will alert grizzly bears that you are approaching and will give them an opportunity to retreat. The Department also recommends that you carry a pepper spray can. PLEASE NOTE that the use of pepper spray is only as a last resort because it is annoying to the bears and even painful if they get it in their eyes. Grizzly bears deserve better treatment so be cautious about using pepper spray. The Department recommends that in bear country you should also carefully examine bear scat so that you will know what kind of bear is in the vicinity. Black bear scat usually contains blue berries and occasionally squirrel fur.

The Department notice concluded: " "Grizzly bear scat contains small bells and has a strong odor of pepper".

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Eeker

animal

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also a black bear will climb a tree to eat you wher as a grizzly will simply push the tree down.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote