THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Interestingly, someone will understand?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interestingly, someone will understand?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Very squeamish hedgehog rolls up into a ball not fully...

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no one who speaks English as a primary language...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I get it, but will keep quiet so as not to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You may not want to keep quiet any longer Brice. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Think he's trying to tell us, roll up too tight, ie. isolate yourself from the world and you'll only hurt yourself. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate the humor vashper brings us. Thank you vashper. But sometimes it can be a little difficult to understand.

For example, here is an original English language joke:

A horse walks into a bar. The bar tender asks, "Why the long face?"

The Vashper version:

An animal horse in drinking place goes. Man at bar says, "Your face not short, why is so?"

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Exactly! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I really appreciate the humor vashper brings us. Thank you vashper. But sometimes it can be a little difficult to understand.

For example, here is an original English language joke:

A horse walks into a bar. The bar tender asks, "Why the long face?"

The Vashper version:

An animal horse in drinking place goes. Man at bar says, "Your face not short, why is so?"

The situation is even more complicated. After all, there is a play on the idiom, which has no literal translation. "Horse face" is not associated in Russian language with sorrow, rather we can say about the German or the British; that he has a horse face. So computer translators translate in Russian up to meaning of idiom:

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Why so sad?"

It's almost incomprehensible to Russians, and English, in principle, can get.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was thinking that the squeamish hedgehog was repulsed by his own butt. My cat is not.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
Actually, I was thinking that the squeamish hedgehog was repulsed by his own butt. My cat is not.

Your cat's butt would be repulsed by his forehead if that one was full of sharp quills!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote