New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb guards
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Many years ago(in a moment of insainity) I became a Security Officer.After a very short time (about 24hrs) I came to relise that G.U.A.R.D stands for Garentied Usless After Reciving Dirctions! So I aspired to improve myself. My problems really begain! I bcecame a Patrol Officer! A fellow Patrolee was making the change from a mod 10 s&w to a 9mm hp Browning (yeah I know simple right) some 3mths down the track He very quietly asked a fellow Patrolee " look how the Hell do you get the bullet to go from there(read MAG) to there (read Chamber)! OK Im being Harsh he'd only had it for 3mths Mad So if any one wants a Browning 9mm never fired & only droped once...... gunsmile

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience... sitting in line at a drive in bank, the guard strolled by... I asked him what kind of gun he was carrying, he said "a 38 Smith and Wesson"...... I said, they make pretty good guns...how does it shoot?.. he said, "I don't know, I've never fired the damned thing".... homer
.... I was really glad no one decided to rob the bank at that time.....

"I didn't know how many of them it was going to take to whip my ass..... but I knew how many they were going to use......" Ron White

Posts: 92 | Location: north side of DFW | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that feelin HG u want to see these guys on the range.I's the reason I went back to shooting for a living Smiler

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys wouldn't believe the competence level of the average RCMP officer with firearms. They went to high capacity autoloaders because they couldn't hit anything with 6 38's! Eeker derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DERF nothing would suprise me as I say I am safe in the knowlage that I choose to work away from civilization and the idiots making it safe I do take my hat off to the police officers & guards out there putting their arses on the line every day for little pay &even less personal reward may god look over them