New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joburg maternity ward
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
An Afrikaner, an Englishman (the SA-bred type), and a Zulu are waiting nervously outside the maternity ward in a Joburg hospital.

A nurse arrives with a smile, and tells them: "Good news for all of you, gentlemen, you are all dads... and they're all boy!"

As they start smiling, she adds: "But we had a slight mixup when they brought the babies to the nursery room... Do you mind coming in and see if you can identify your son?"

The Afrikaner rushes inside, and comes out ten seconds later with a baby in his arms, yelling: "This one is mine!"

The nurse looks, puzzled, and tells him: "But... Sir... This baby is black...!"

"Sister, one of the other two is a soutpiel, I can't take the risk!!!"

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the world waits to find out what the fuck a soutpiel is. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hoping I wasn't the only one that didn't know.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take a guess: Southpaw.
Left-handed shooter here.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
A general reference in the Afrikaans language to any British oriented person in South Africa

http://da.urbandictionary.com/...ne.php?term=soutpiel

A limey

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A salt prick if I remember right.
One foot in England, one in Africa and his dick hanging in the sea between.
A huge joke if you are an Afrikaaner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

Yep, fully correct, Sir!

To put it mildly, there is a latent animosity between the descendants of the Boers and those of the British invaders.

Most of the former would agree with the new dad's take... Big Grin

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my Boer Ph's told me years ago that he was taught that Boer girls didn't make love well and that English girls couldn't cook, so what was one to do about marriage?

The answer, marry an English girl, you could always teach them how to cook. (Note: language cleaned up significantly, one of his favorite English words began with "F")

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Philip A.:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

Yep, fully correct, Sir

To put it mildly, there is a latent animosity between the descendants of the Boers and those of the British invaders.

Most of the former would agree with the new dad's take... Big Grin

Is there a reason for the animosity ? Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
You have no idea. Read some turn of the last century history regarding the Boer Wars. That's where the British got the term "All's fair in love and war".

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
You also might want to read James Michener's "The Covenant." I haven't read it since it came out in the early 1980s, but I seem to remember it talked about the many Afrikaner women and children dying of starvation and disease in British concentration camps.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:
You have no idea. Read some turn of the last century history regarding the Boer Wars. That's where the British got the term "All's fair in love and war".

I was joking. Wink That's where the concentration camp was invented.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote