Find
Notify
Tools

I Hit A Pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted
A ranch hand was driving around the ranch, checking on fences. After a few minutes he radios his boss, "Boss, I've got a problem. I hit a pig on the road and he's stuck brush guard. He's still wriggling. What should I do?"
" Shoot the pig in the head and when it stops wriggling you can pull it out and throw it in a bush." The ranch hand says okay and signs off. About 10 minutes later he radios back. "Boss I did what you said, I shot the pig and dragged it out and threw it in a bush."
"So what's the problem now?"
"The blue light on his motorcycle is still flashing!"

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not funny.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a humerous play on words. A little bit lame, but still funny.

But it wasn't PC. No worse than W.C. Field's or Shakespeare's (or whoever said it) "First we kill all the lawyers.", but still out of vogue with the P.C. crowd.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll do better next time

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotten joke

Posts: 2669 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It is still funny to the non-emasculated crowd, if any members still exist!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
rotten joke

Rotten is kind of harsh. I prefer lame

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
That is so wrong, not funny at all.

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Lighten up guys - its a joke . You know - slight upwards curl of the lips , almost laughed but held it in - that sort of thing.

Not everything is funny to everyone , but it is possible to read it , not like it , and move along without the fun police in you having to get out the handcuffs.....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"fun police" ???? ....hardly.
There should be.....and (hopefully) ..... is deserved respect for law enforcement. The world is becoming a progressively more lawless place. The USA (sadly) is not immune. Read the news. A "cop's" job is incredibly difficult. I could not do it. I would not want to have to do it. The joke is offensive, tasteless and assinine.
Period.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, the PC nazis are filtering into AR. It was a funny play on words with a hidden "hook" at the end.
I would imagine if you were to tell that joke to 100 cops, many more would laugh than would come acrost with the self rightous indignation expressed by conifer.
Respect is an interesting thing. I've always thought of it as a earned thing. Just because someone is a butcher, baker, or a candle stick maker doesn't automatically give them respect. kinda like presidents.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Uh oh, the PC nazis are filtering into AR. It was a funny play on words with a hidden "hook" at the end.
I would imagine if you were to tell that joke to 100 cops, many more would laugh than would come acrost with the self rightous indignation expressed by conifer.
Respect is an interesting thing. I've always thought of it as a earned thing. Just because someone is a butcher, baker, or a candle stick maker doesn't automatically give them respect. kinda like presidents.

I already expressed my opinion. To me it is funny, and not at all in bad taste. I have been a military policeman, a Sheriff's Deputy, a city policeman, and an unpaid forensic ballistician for another country's national police lab. Still funny. And I am not offended by the term "PIG" either in reference to LEOs. We used to tell the kids we met on patrol that "PIG" stands for our personal "Pride-Integrity-and Guts"...all things any guy should be proud to be known for.

And as I've asked here before, "If you can't laugh at yourself, just what the hell are you good for anyway?"

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I yield.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote