New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ole and Lena II...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, Ole and Lena decide they are finally going to take a vacation and drive from Montana to the west coast. They get there and are walking on the beach watching the tide roll in. Lena sees a bottle floating on the water and has Ole go get it. It turns out to be one of those old time glass fishing net floats. They take it back to their hotel room and Lena cleans it up with some warm soapy water and a washcloth.
Woh! Out pops der Genie. He thanks them for rescuing him from 700 years trapped in the float and offers them one wish as a way of thanking them.

Ole says to Lena, what do you want dat Yenie to do? Lena thinks and she says Yenie, I liked the drive out here. I want you should make us a road that goes back to the old country Norway so we can visit family. The genie looks at her and says, that is impossible. Anything else you ask for I will grant, anything.

Ole and Lena put der heads together and talk. After a few minutes Lena say Yenie, I want you should make all us Norwegians as smart like anybody else in the world.

The Genie sighs, puts his head in both hands, sighs again, and finally says, you want that road should be two lane or four?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Racism usually starts by narrowing the focus to a particular minority group; then focusing on a single negative aspect by depicting the opposite of a characteristic that a white middle class Rhodes Scholar might display.
It has to be something "those people" do that you personally don't. Or can't.

The best way to differentiate is ask the person telling the joke if he would repeat it in front of the altar in his Church. Or at a public gathering where the group will be represented.

Racism usually manifests itself because there is some perception that the group represents a threat to the story teller.

Rich

Wink Thought of your response to one of the jokes I posted. PC on the humor forum is not needed.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Good lord, the "humor" section is turning into the political forum

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't we just all get along??......now lets make fun of the Polacks or the Wops!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay. Gather in an imaginary circle, hold out your hands, and on three start singing Kumbaya

One, two , three...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
okay. Gather in an imaginary circle, hold out your hands, and on three start singing Kumbaya

One, two , three...

Rich

Sven, vat comes after "Two"?

Posts: 4150 | Location: Adirondack Mountains, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norsky jokes start out in Minnesota or Dakota, not Montana.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't we just all get along??......now lets make fun of the Polacks or the Wops!!

I would rather we get after the Micks or Jews!!!!!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MT Gianni,

go visit the Scobey, Peerless area and look at the Daniels County phonebook.

Rich