THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Reason Harley Davidson Plant is Closing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reason Harley Davidson Plant is Closing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Apparently the Baby-Boomers all have motorcycles. Generation X is only buying a few, and the next generation isn't buying any at all.

A recent study was done to find out why? Here are the reasons why Millennials don't ride motorcycles:

1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.
3. Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving.
4. They don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.
5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped.
6 Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care.
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.
8. They can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available.
9. They are allergic to fresh air.
10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. They might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen.
13. You have to shift manually and use something called a clutch.
14. It's too hard to take selfies while riding.
15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.
16. Motorcycles don't have power steering or power brakes.
17. Their nose ring interferes with the face shield.
18. They would have to use leg muscle to back up.
19. When they stop, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face.
20. It could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.
21. It might scare their therapy dog, and then the dog would need therapy.
22. Can't get the motorcycle down the basement stairs of their parent's home.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2 The Truth!!

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
dancing dancing dancing

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
As a Harley owner and rider...CONCUR!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
laff if you want but keep in mind they are being voted in to office in Washington. shocker
God help us.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, this is the "Humor" forum, so here goes...
Perhaps the real reason the plant is closing is that they make a piece of sh_t motor cycle!!?? I owned a Honda ST1100. Now THAT was a motor cycle. Perhaps the much maligned generation is waiting for motor cycles that will get to 60mph in 3 seconds without bursting the ear drums of the rider and everyone else within 100 yards of the Harley?
What was the old saying about Harley riders?
"We trail our bikes everywhere"!!
And, in case you are curious, I rode my Honda 350 from Cleveland to the West Coast and back. A 3 week trip, averaging 500 miles a day, camping along the way.
I would LOVE to get a Kawasaki Concours but don't want to die yet!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Honda 350 is a good bike.I loved mine. 2 years ago my eldest son bought me an Electraglide 1200 CC. On the Harley V/S jap issue,I have a friend that is an ex Angel from Oakland (if there is such a thing as an ex).He did 11 years in Federal +when he got out another buddy offered him a Gold Wing.He said Hell no. The bud says just take it to the Harley dealership + trade it in. John said,they'll never take a Honda on a trade in at a Harley dealership.He says ,Boy was I ever wrong,a lot of things changed when I was in prison.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would your eldest son care to adopt me?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,there have been times over the years that you could have had him for free. When he was in 1st grade + the teacher asked all the little kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. Standard answers;fireman,cop,ballerina,teacher,nurse,etc. My son Jake just said,"I want to ride a motorcycle + have fun."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you know the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

On the Hoover, the dirtbag is on the bottom...

Posts: 164 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter + all,I just have to interject a bit about my sons ability over the years to walk between raindrops as it were.At the time he was working for Central Freight + was going to work riding his stretched + chopped Triumph Bonneville 650 (ONE HELLUVA BIKE)in rush hour on HWY 183 at the intersection of HWY 290;thats when he discovered that his brakes were out.This is a true story,I swear #1 son is the cause of my grey hairs. With no brakes in rush hour cross traffic he shot the gaps between cars until he could get on the other side of the intersection,down shift until being able to stop. (then fix the problem). I must confess,I am proud of him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Triumph Bonnevilles were great bikes. But the greatest was the Vincent Black Lightning!
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well, this is the "Humor" forum, so here goes...
Perhaps the real reason the plant is closing is that they make a piece of sh_t motor cycle!!?? I owned a Honda ST1100. Now THAT was a motor cycle. Perhaps the much maligned generation is waiting for motor cycles that will get to 60mph in 3 seconds without bursting the ear drums of the rider and everyone else within 100 yards of the Harley?
What was the old saying about Harley riders?
"We trail our bikes everywhere"!!
And, in case you are curious, I rode my Honda 350 from Cleveland to the West Coast and back. A 3 week trip, averaging 500 miles a day, camping along the way.
I would LOVE to get a Kawasaki Concours but don't want to die yet!
Peter.

But!!!!

If you do not have Harley, then how can you have a girlfriend that can suck start one??????

Way back before Easy Rider I rode a Sportster from Auburn, AL, to Sacramento, CA and back during summer break from College.

My rich friend rode his Norton 750.

I will never forget pulling into a drive in restaurant in Bakersfield. Girls went crazy over us rednecks on bikes, not sure if the bikes helped but they did like the scruffy beards and Southern drawls!

Posts: 1469 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete,I agree that the Vincent was a superior bike,but had a low production rate. Those you find today (if you can) will command a premium price.