Find
Notify
Tools

Smart New Boss
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shake-up, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."

Posts: 1085 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo jumping Showed His Backside To ALL !!

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that guy.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo Sounds like a lot of people I know (The new CEO, not the pizza guy)

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ain't the truth!!! You have to try hard to find a good employee but by God,you can find an asshole boss anywhere.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In 1980 we were doing a job on the old Round Rock High School;renovation + additions.Well we (the subs) were invited to a pre job talk about coordination,etc. The General Contractor (a kid that took over the business from daddy) started right in with the fire + brimstone;just letting us all know how the cow ate the cabbage + he was boss dog,etc.Then he got so full of himself + started talking faster until he started to contradict himself. We all just watched on,then his aide just ushered him out the door.Never saw the bastard again.His company did go bankrupt on that job however.I got out that time before the damage to my funds were due.Not so lucky on several others.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote