New
Find
Notify
Tools

telephone poles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There was a Minnesota phone company that was going to hire one team of telephone pole installers,and the boss had to choose between a team of two Norwegian guys and a team of two Irish guys.

So the boss met with both teams and said: "Here's what we'll do. Each team will be installing poles out on the new road for a day. The team that installs the most phone poles gets the job. Both teams headed right out.

At end of the shift, Pat and Mike, the Irish guys, came back and the boss asked them how many they had installed. They said that it was tough going, but they'd put in twelve.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
?????????????????????? Confused

Posts: 91 | Location: Mishawaka, In. | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Confused

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think he finished the joke............ 2020

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he got the joke from Vashper...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found that this part helps:

"Forty-five minutes later, the Polish guys came back in and they were totally exhausted. The boss said, "Well, how many poles did you guys install?" The team leader wiped his brow and sighed, "We got three in."

The boss gasped, "Three? Those Irish guys put in twelve!"

"Yeah," said the Polish leader, "but you should see how much they left sticking out of the ground."

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Now it's funny!

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Can someone do a cut and paste on this one? Confused

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13639 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a Minnesota phone company that was going to hire one team of telephone pole installers, and the boss had to choose between a team of two Yankee guys and a team of two Cajun guys.

So the boss met with both teams and said: "Here's what we'll do. Each team will be installing poles out on the new road for a day. The team that installs the most phone poles gets the job. Both teams headed right out.

At end of the shift, the Cajun guys came back and the boss asked them how many they had installed. They said that it was tough going, but they'd put in twelve.

"Forty-five minutes later, the Yankee guys came back in and they were totally exhausted. The boss said, "Well, how many poles did you guys install?" The team leader wiped his brow and sighed, "We got three in."

The boss gasped, "Three? Those Cajun guys put in twelve!"

"Yeah," said the Yankee leader, "but you should see how much they left sticking out of the ground."

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
There was a Minnesota poll company that was going to hire a team of pollsters. Two teams applied and a choice had to be made.

So the boss asked each to take a telephone poll so he could decide which team to install.

At the end of the day, the boss asked them how they did. The first team, made up of Cajuns, said they polled 12 area codes. The second, a Polish team, said they polled 3 area codes.

The boss gasped, "Three? Those Cajun guys did twelve!"

"Yeah," said the Polish leader, "but we asked the people we called to choose an answer to our questions."

So Vasper hired some Italians instead and put them to work making pizza because he thought it would be better than having Cajuns cajole or Poles poll.

Edmond was confused about the pizza. He didn't understand it at all and no matter how many times we tried to explain it to him we just couldn't get it through his thick u-cranium.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard that one in the late 80's, from world class Hunter Class shooter Guy Green.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I surrender. What the Hell happened here? This joke took-off in ten different directions. We need Vashper to come in and moderate this thing.

I'm hangin' with DKing's version, but will desert him in a heartbeat if anyone comes-up with a better ending.

Posts: 13861 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
There was a Minnesota poll company that was going to hire a team of pollsters. Two teams applied and a choice had to be made.

So the boss asked each to take a telephone poll so he could decide which team to install.

At the end of the day, the boss asked them how they did. The first team, made up of Cajuns, said they polled 12 area codes. The second, a Polish team, said they polled 3 area codes.

The boss gasped, "Three? Those Cajun guys did twelve!"

"Yeah," said the Polish leader, "but we asked the people we called to choose an answer to our questions."

So Vasper hired some Italians instead and put them to work making pizza because he thought it would be better than having Cajuns cajole or Poles poll.

Edmond was confused about the pizza. He didn't understand it at all and no matter how many times we tried to explained it to him we just couldn't get it through his thick u-cranium.

Ed is probably a Polish Cajun.

Big Grin

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even Vashper couldn't translate this one.