THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Warning: Deadly bird droppings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warning: Deadly bird droppings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted
South American forests might not be as treacherous as those in some other parts of the world, but you still have to be very careful. There is a little-known travel advisory in and around the Amazon basin about severe and sometimes fatal health issues arising from contact with the fecal material of a somewhat rare bird.

This bird is called the fiu (pronounced "few") and it is a small, colorful wren-like bird. This bird's diet consists mainly of the berries of one of the plants from which natives derive their poison arrow toxins. The birds are immune to these toxins, however human beings have died very quickly from even a miniscule amount. Since the husks of these toxic plants are somewhat abrasive, and wiping the bird's fecal matter off your skin carelessly could force some of the toxins into your blood stream, the health advisory is stern:

Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to remove any of this bird's feces from your skin! Seek medical help as soon as possible, mainly in one of the hospitals in the large cities.

So around the Amazon basin, there is a very appropriate saying which could well save your life:

"If the fiu shits, wear it!"

Happy belated April Fool's!
Big Grin

Glenn

Posts: 942 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
Oh, where is that groan font ! Roll Eyes

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
I'll probably be the first member ever to be banned because of my bad jokes. Big Grin

Glenn

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
No you won't. I got there first. BTW,I remember that joke from when I was in the Boy Scouts during the dark ages.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
Correct! I call it "vintage humor."
Cynics call it "old jokes." Big Grin

Glenn