THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Sears Garage Door Opener...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sears Garage Door Opener...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We had the Sears guy out to repair the garage door opener.

The repair guy tells me we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought about that for a minute, looked at the tag on the motor, and told him we had the largest motor Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horse motor.

The kid shook his head, and said "mister, you need a 1/4 horse motor". I responded by explaining to him that a 1/2 horse motor is larger than a 1/4 horse. He says "NO, it's not. Four is larger than two.".

That was the last time we used Sears.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its sad but I have also heard the same thing myself but I took it one step farther and convert to decimals.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys still have Sears ? Ours folded tent and left town. Can't even get parts for their stuff anymore and so much for the "Lifetime" warranty on Craftsman tools. Frowner

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sears will be history in a year or two.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2641 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
You guys still have Sears ? Ours folded tent and left town. Can't even get parts for their stuff anymore and so much for the "Lifetime" warranty on Craftsman tools. Frowner

Grizz

The meant the "Lifetime" of the store not you. Big Grin

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one on me...
I set up some old chain falls to hoist a moose up. It was going hard as hell, got my brother and we both were pulling on the chain to get it up the last few feet in the air. Talking about later, we brushed the rest of the dirt/rust off the side plate. Instead of 4 TON it said 1/4 TON!

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
To be fair, a quarter horse is bigger than 1/2 a thoroughbred... sofa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2984 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep,our present admistration is all about hiring the handicapped.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote