THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    I Have A New Primary Care Doctor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Have A New Primary Care Doctor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I started going to my new doctor and after two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age. (I just turned mid-70ish.) A little concerned about his comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?"

"Oh, no,", I replied. "I'm not doing drugs either."

Then he asked,"Do you eat rib-eye steaks and BBQ ribs?"

I said, "Not much...my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, hunting, boating, sailing, fishing, hiking, or bicycling?", he asked.

"No, I don't", I said.

He said, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No, not really", was my reply.

He looked at me and said, "Then way do you even give a shit."

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I know, I now have my primary care doctor through Humana/ Medicare + they have been doing every test under the sun; I assume so they can bill medicare. I'm reminded of the old joke by Red Foxx, "You folks that don't drink or smoke or run around are gonna look funny as hell lying up here in the hospital dying from nothing."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well my doctor fired me for not coming in often enough. I was busy. Started a new law firm, left that one and joined a new law firm, so I didn't have time to see a doctor. And he fired me. They think we work for them.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eeker Confused rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, I think that attitude started about the time they stopped making house calls.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Well my doctor fired me for not coming in often enough. I was busy. Started a new law firm, left that one and joined a new law firm, so I didn't have time to see a doctor. And he fired me. They think we work for them.

Exactly!

That’s why I won’t see a doctor who’s not more overweight than I am! A little humility goes a long way in the medical profession. Wink

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Dean Martin used to tell a joke about his doctor.

He'd say, "My doctor sent me a note the other day. He told me to quit smoking. I rolled up the note and smoked it."

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:

Exactly!

That’s why I won’t see a doctor who’s not more overweight than I am! A little humility goes a long way in the medical profession. Wink

They really do forget who is paying their bills

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
My original primary care doc retired and the practice hired a seeming nice young fellow. So I decided to have some fun on my introductory appointment. So this young doctor comes into the examination room,e exchange howdies and go about his list of questions, etc. I start looking around the room with concerned expression on my face. Finally he notices and asks If I have a problem, Well says I 'Where's your sign? ' He asks what sign I was referring to. I pause for a moment and answer "the sign that says' If it tastes good spit it out' he finally catches on and chuckles. Try this on your Doc.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote