Find
Notify
Tools

Philosophy Question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
If a man standing alone in the woods states his opinion on something, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
According to my wife (aka: She Who Must Be Obeyed), YES.

Just one thing - she knows all...so she's always with me.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends:
If he's married or in a steady relationship, YES!!

If he's playing the field, 50-50.

Rich
DRSS
36 hours and I will be smoking a big Cohiba and sampling a little Glen Fiddich Special Reserve, neat!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAM I love being single.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. The presence or absence of a know it al female doesn't dicatate weather the chap in question is right or wrong and any women wh beg to differ, fishing feel free to PM me. And oh hell yes I'm single if you haven't figured that part out yet. fishing

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
DAM I love being single.

Every man should be made to serve one tour of duty on the "Good Ship Lollypop!" Smiler

(If you have already served your time, I apologize in advance.)

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t matter. This is the Kobyashi-Maru test. You can’t win, regardless.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barstooler:
It doesn’t matter. This is the Kobyashi-Maru test. You can’t win, regardless.

Barstooler

Nice Star Trek reference!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At first glance, the answer would be yes, but using logic, if there was no woman to observe if it was a man or woman who gave the opinion, the opinion could be correct, IF the name of the man was an androgenous name such as Taylor, Cody, etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro Express:
If a man standing alone in the woods states his opinion on something, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

No,

AND,

... if there is only one woman and the man has NOT had sex with her, he will usually be right then also. Wink

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
are you kidding me???????

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote